Now accepting entries for the Callebaut Easter Showpiece Challenge, visit www.savourschool.com.au for all the details. With a first prize trip to Chicago or Belgium to further your training at a Callebaut academy.
Callebaut, Savour Chocolate & Patisserie School and F. Mayer Imports, in association with Crown Melbourne, are inviting apprentices, pastry chefs and professionals to be a part of the Callebaut Easter Showpiece Challenge. Be inspired to create a quirky, beautiful, innovative, outrageous and over the top Easter Showpiece based on the theme “Flight”.
All Easter Showpieces must be no more than 50cm wide and 130cm high including decoration.
The showpiece must demonstrate the theme “Flight”.
1st Prize is a trip to Callebaut Chocolate Academy in Belgium or Chicago. Prize includes flights, accommodation and course. 2nd Prize is a $500 gift voucher from Savour School. Student Prize is a $500 gift voucher from Savour School.
DISPLAY & JUDGING
Judging will be carried out by a team of experienced judges. The top five finalists of the Showpiece Competition will be displayed and promoted at Crown Casino from 2nd April, 2015 prior to Easter.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
All entries close on 23rd March 2015 at 5pm
– A $30 entry fee applies to be paid in full upon entry (Credit Card or PayPal via Savour Chocolate & Patisserie School website).
– All decoration must be edible, chocolate or cocoa butter, colours permitted.
– You must include an egg somewhere in your showpiece.
– Non edible stand permitted
– Only Callebaut chocolate must be used to create your entry.
– You will receive final details of the competition upon receipt of your entry fee.
– You will be required to deliver your showpiece to Crown Entertainment Complex, Garden Room on Thursday, 2nd April, 2015 between 7am – 1pm.